Tuesday 30 November 2021

Kapa Haka Time!!!!

 Last week moana syndicate (that's me!) finally filmed our Kapa Haka performance. We decided to film in the hall, Koka Brodies partner, Canaan is a photographer. So he had all his fancy gear ready to film us. To be honest it was super scary having all these cameras staring you down.

This year I was in the front row and I was thrilled! I tried and tried to stay there and the teachers had noticed. Our bracket had quite a few new song such as Ka Waiata, Ka Panapana and Toia mai. I had tried to learn these songs at home and it payed off!

I had always found the poi tricky, but lately I feel like I have got the hang of all the moves in E Rona. My favorite move in the poi was when the front row went on the ground (sitting) and the second row stood on their knees. I thought Klara did an awesome job leading E Rona.

My favorite song was easily Toia Mai, its such an up beat song with fun actions and words. Kapanapana was a real challenge for us to learn, it was about the volume, the breathing and the actions.

The whole performance was easily my best I have ever done and i'm super proud of the effort I put in. And on top of that I achieved my goal! On the stage I felt proud to show all the hard work that we put into our bracket. We even made the principal cry!


Watch us preform





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about